Pale Wire (Popscene)

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Ben Saves Wilco

Even though Wilco's fifth LP, A Ghost is Born, won't be released until June 22nd, bootlegs of advance copies have been floating around the web for over a month. I've got one myself and, although there's a lot on the record that I like, I think it's a bit of a mess. So, I rolled up my sleeves and put together an alternative version. I've titled it A Ghost is Reborn.

Wilco - A Ghost is Reborn
LP - (54:39)

01. A Magazine Called Sunset @
02. Bob Dylan's 49th Beard @
03. Handshake Drugs *
04. Wishful Thinking *
05. Spiders (Kidsmoke) *
06. Hummingbird *
07. Theologians *
08. Company in my Back *
09. Muzzle of Bees *
10. Not for the Season %
11. At Least That's What You Said *
12. Cars Can't Escape #

* A Ghost is Born LP version
@ More Like The Moon EP version
% Jeff Tweedy Live Performance - 01.08.03 - The Vic
# YHF B-side - Released via Worldworld.net

You can join the discussion about my little project and see the cover art by visiting my thread at the SOMB. Copies are currently floating around the bluebird.