Pale Wire (Popscene)

Sunday, April 11, 2004

This is a Low

So, in a moment of great weakness, (a lonely Saturday night trapped at my parent's home, w/o a car, in rural Iowa) I've broken down and joined the vast electronic circlejerk known as the "blogosphere."

I'm going to make at least a half-assed effort for this thing to be informative and entertaining without disappearing up my own asshole.

To help avoid any journeys up my rectal cavity, let's make three simple rules right up front.

1) I will never to post any bullshit woe-is-me, pity-hunting livejournal dreck.

2) I will never write anything longer than four paragraphs.

3) I will never mention the names or activities of anybody I actually know (like, in real life).

Consider that my manifesto.

The idea is to make this a fun space where I can share some of the neat stuff I come across websurfing, plug books and records I like, and occasionally splooge an opinion or two.

I welcome any and all criticism. And, as with about anything I do, feel free to ignore the entire venture. If anything is clear right now, it's that this probably isn't worth your time.