Pale Wire (Popscene)

Monday, September 13, 2004

Think About Destruction


It's probably really lame to say this but the 9/11 anniversary and all the bad news out of Iraq this weekend has got me down.

Seeing as how I don't have anything at stake compared to all the men and women my age patrolling Sadr City I almost feel bad for feeling bad.

Like most Americans I haven't had to sacrifice anything since September 11th and the chance of me actually having to go over there and work to fix this mess is infantesimal. I'm not even sure if have a right to feel bad.

I'd like to think my chosen profession will put me in a position to contribute to the betterment of situations like this one but there are times when I'm not so sure.

Either way, my heart's with all the GIs stuck on the streets of Iraq.

Here's a tune worthy of rolling around Baghdad waiting to be blown up by a shitty Yugoslavian import with a bomb strapped in the passenger seat.

Time Zone - "World Destruction" (Extended 12" Mix)
A one-off collaboration between The Sex Pistols' John Lydon and hip-hop's founding father Afrika Bambaataa, "World Destruction" is a rollicking dance romp darker than any peace song I've ever heard. A desperate cry for sanity, with cowbell.

The link should last one week.