Pale Wire (Popscene)

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Speak, Melody


Saturdays have been weird for me lately. This is the first time I've lived by myself and on weekends I have all this time and space to myself. And I'm feeling unmoored. It's a new thing, all this energy and no place to put it. (Why not the blog?) I'd like to think this strange sense of malaise and anxiety mixed with restlessness stems from soul-deadening academic work they're demanding of me and which I've been avoiding like Marburg. But is that too easy? Maybe there's something missing. And maybe it's my fault, not theirs.

Kaito - "Saturday and Sunday"
In my opinion, the best song to come out of that whole micro-house thing. Like other standouts, it's mellow and meditative, yet strangely compelling in minor key sort of way; head bobs, the swirling sonics crawl up my back. But this one has something special about it, something elegiac, something really good.