Pale Wire (Popscene)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh no, it's happened again
Ben's gone laces over faces for a wispy Norwegian pop singer

(nrk.no)

Thanks to a link from the right and honorable gentleman Matthew Perpetua, curator of the sensational mp3 tipsheet Fluxblog (link), I've totally lost my head over the new single from Marit Larsen.

ABBA keys, pop hooks, flightly female vocals, HANDCLAPS, and dozens of little sonic Twinkies stuffed underneath the sofa cushions, "Don't Save Me" has sent me spinning. I'm told it's hit No. 1 in Norway.

I didn't know a thing about the woman before a few hours ago, but this Web site, which names Larsen "the best singer, songwriter, guitarist and pianist in the world," reports that she's 5'2" and nearly a year yonger than I am. That's all great, but she could be a registered sex offender at this point and I'd probably let it slide.

Download the single from Flux.
Watch the music video.
Buy the CD.
Read the much more informative Wikipedia entry.